The Benefits of Relooking
You’ve lived in your home, really lived in it: it’s full of your memories and belongings. That’s why it feels like home!
Trouble is, to a potential buyer, your memories and beautiful things make them feel like they're invading your space, not seeing a space that’s welcoming them with all the potential they want to see in a new home for them.
Relooking solves this problem by carefully curating your belongings to create a neutral, inviting space that speaks to home buyers.
How Relooking Works
The first goal of relooking is to declutter and simplify the space to appeal to more buyers and sell your property faster. For example, you may have used that third bedroom as an office, but it could get you a higher selling price to relook it as a bedroom again.
Once we’ve reimagined and reset the space, we’re ready to take listing photos and showcase your property in its best light!
- We start with a consultation to discuss and evaluate your needs.
- Decluttering and sorting through your existing furniture and belongings.
- Storage, sale, and/or rental of furniture and items. We use as much of your existing belongings as we can, but sometimes we need a few stand-out pieces!
- If needed, deep cleaning and light renovations; this could include cabinetry or changing light fixtures, small improvements that have a big impact on the ambience and psychological sale value.
- Re-placing and final staging of each room.
- Finishing touches to prepare for listing photos and visitations.
Coordination is Key
The relooking process can be intense: many of us have lived in our homes for years and have trouble parting with or sorting through all our memories. That’s why we’re here to help! We aid your decision-making, and will even sort, sell, and donate items for you with your approval.
Clients often find relooking an invaluable step towards a big move, and it helps eliminate many stressors like finding the time to go through the basement or deciding what to keep and what to downsize.
Make a Great First Impression
Buyers know in 1.5 minutes if they like your property! Make sure it speaks to them quickly with artful, experienced relooking and staging.
Many clients struggle to see their home from an outsider’s perspective, or don’t have the time to dedicate to staging, which is why we offer a full-service. But if you feel you are able to do the work yourself and just need some guidance, we do offer consulting as well.
Furniture Storage or Rental
As part of our comprehensive services, we rent on-trend furniture or warehouse space for storage as turn-key elements for our clients.